Tuesday 3 February 2015

My Headway Experience (Part 2)

Chapter 2: “On how I found out”


I had been out of town for the weekend, doing a seminar related to my Post-graduate course on “Secondary Education and IT”. I got up that Monday morning, 7th April 2014, and after having breakfast, I decided to check my emails. (I was at home since I had asked for an absence leave at school).
There it was! The email that would change my life in so many different and amazing ways!


Dear Gloria
CONGRATULATIONS!

On behalf of Liz Soars and the Headway Scholarship Foundation, I’m delighted to tell you that you have been awarded one of the Headway Scholarships for 2014 which means that you are entitled to a place on the 2-week English Language Teachers’ Summer Seminar at Exeter College in Oxford. (https://www.conted.ox.ac.uk/courses/details.php?id=X162-2#pagetop)

We will send you more details shortly so that you can apply for a visa (if necessary).  In summary, you have won:
·         A place on the ELT Summer Seminar Sunday 27th July to Friday 8th August
·        Accommodation and most meals (except lunch on Saturday and Sunday and meals during optional weekend excursions)
·         Certificate of Completion from Oxford University
·         Social activities
·         Return flights to UK and transfers to Oxford
Please let us know as soon as possible, preferably by return email, that you are able to accept this prize, and also give us your contact details including your full postal address and telephone numbers (home and work).

Many congratulations and we look forward to meeting you in Oxford.

Best wishes
The Headway Team

And this was my reply to them:


Dear Liz and people at the Headway Scholarship Foundation


I cannot express in words how happy I am about the good news!
I wanted this scholarship so badly, yet, with so many teachers applying, I never expected to be awarded one of them. I don´t think I can ever thank you enough. 
I accept the prize, of course.
My contact details are: 


XXXXXXXXX

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Regards,
Gloria

My life would never be the same.


Turl Street in Oxford, where Exeter College is located.

siguenos en facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment